Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE


Valentine's Day. Also known as the day of love. One of those days where chocolates and cards are flying of the shelves. Restaurants are packed with reservations and people waiting to take their significant others on special dates.

I think all this is great and essential for relationships, but we tend to focus on the wrong things. I believe that if it weren't for God, we wouldn't even know HOW to celebrate Valentine's Day. We love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). He is love. Sometimes we tend to overshadow that with other relationships, but as Christians He gives us the ability and grace to extend that selfless, sacrificial, and pure love to others.

Love is more than flowers or candy . It is a commitment, an action, it is beyond emotions, it is unwavering.

1 Corinthinans 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

True love is found in the love of Christ. His love is still there for an imperfect people who struggle with sin. His love is there for the broken and lost.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. This is the love that endured the cross and died for our sins, and still considers us His friend! How amazingly wonderful that truth is.

The love of Christ is unwavering.

The love of Christ is unfailing.

We love because HE first loved us.

6 comments:

  1. He is good :). I like your blog design!

    www.nmephotoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes He is! And thanks! I like the photography on your blog! I've been wanting to learn more about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a genuine post filled with truth :) Thank you for commenting on my blog. I'm glad someone else shares my love for Jane Austen and Mr. Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I love your blog by the way,it's very encouraging! And Jane Austen is awesome! Have you seen the Colin Firth version of P&P? Amazing!

      Delete
    2. That means so much to me! Thank you :) I love yours as well! You speak from your heart and it is very inspiring... And yes I have seen it! It was the first version that I saw. I could watch those movies and read those books for dayyyys.

      Delete
    3. Thanks sweet girl! Appreciate it very much! I just want to encourage in any way I can. I think you do the same thing! And I love it! I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan. So awesome!

      Delete