Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Superbowl Madness

I am a football fan. Really, I am. However, for the superbowl this year I joined the masses of women and young ladies who could really care less about whether Tom Brady of Eli would take home the trophy (of course, my favorite team, the Saints were eliminated in the playoffs which would explain my lack of interest in the game but that's another story). Of course, many like to look at the Superbowl commercials as a means of entertainment, but I found myself disgusted at how women were portrayed as lustful objects and all kinds of other nonsense. Pretty much every commercial this year I found ridiculous. I mean, am I right? This made me want to turn off the tv as fast as my little fingers could find the remote or find something else to do. I chose the latter.

So, I wanted to do something productive and I found the pie recipe on pinterest to battle all others. I'm talking about chocolate chip cookie pie. Sounds delicious doesn't it? I certainly think so. We're talking ooey gooey, chocolately goodness, all baked inside a graham cracker crust. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It looked so good in fact, I decided to try it. And how delicious it was! I totally recommend it to any one who wouldn't feel guilty about having a slice or two. The recipe is listed below. It's really simple.


Would you look at that yumminess? I personally didn't add ice cream or chocolate syrup because it was sweet enough but if you want to, go for it!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans
Serve with ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.

2 comments: